Behaviour change programme launched to drive energy efficiency
The Energy Conscious Organisation – EnCO – programme is a behaviour change project from ESTA – Energy Services and Technology Association and the Energy Institute.
The programme is aimed at businesses and organisations of all sizes, types and sectors, both public and private.
The ambition includes generating 10% of energy reduction by 2025/30 and:
- to tackle the climate emergency an approach is required to embrace behaviour change improvements, particularly from an energy perspective, which evidence would suggest is equal to or greater than improvements using technology – which currently receive significant investment
- a short to medium term vision is that ‘Energy Conscious Organisations’ will generate 10% of energy reduction savings through Behaviour Change by 2025/30’
- this target can be exceeded by organisations embracing a more structured, code of practice driven, approach to behaviour change
- the potential is significant as this market is largely untapped. Furthermore, evidence shows that behaviour change projects are quick payback and low investment (even when including the cost of internal resources)
- EnCO provides the methodology and approach for delivering Behaviour Change programmes as a holistic, robust, best practice approach
- the initial Energy Conscious Organisation vision is to generate ‘50 to 100 proven case studies using IPMVP in the next three years’ such that EnCOs become mainstream
There is now a structure in place to train and accredit Registered EnCO Consultants and Approved EnCO Practitioners and guidelines will shortly be available on how end user organisations will be able to gain the EnCO accreditation.
Full details can be found at: energyconsciousorganisation.org.uk